Tree Angle Upward in Student Services

How to Update or Change your Major

If you are a Continuing Student requesting to update or change your major and renew your Student Educational Plan (SEP), please fill out this online request.

Frequently Asked Questions

A continuing student who has completed at least one semester of coursework at LAVC.

  • Students who wish to choose a major not offered by LAVC
  • Students who are on Academic or Progress Probation
  • Students requesting a financial aid extension appeal
  • Students in any of the specialized programs below (must see a counselor in your program):
    • Athletics 
    • CalWORKs 
    • Dream Resource Center 
    • Extended Opportunity and Program Services (EOPS) 
    • Guardian Scholars/NextUp (Foster Youth)
    • International Students
    • Puente 
    • Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) 
    • TAP/Honors 
    • TRiO 
    • UMOJA/Black Scholars 
    • Veterans

Within 5 to 10 business days.

After 10 business days, you may find your updated major and Student Educational Plan in your Student Portal. Contact your CAP Team if you have any questions or concerns.

To locate your Student Educational Plan, log in to your Student Portal, click on Manage Classes tile, scroll down and click on Student Educational Plan, then click on Current Counselor SEP on File.