A California resident for tuition purposes, is a person who has resided in California for at least one year and one day prior to the start of the term. Residency is determined at the time of application. To appeal your initial residency determination, you must submit a Supplemental Residency Questionnaire (SRQ) along with supporting documents including documents that determine whether you are financially independent. Student’s residency status determines fees and eligibility for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG).
To request your residency be re-evaluated, please:
- Download and complete a Supplemental Residency Questionnaire (SRQ).
- Collect the required supporting documentation (at least two forms of residency with the appropriate dates).
- Scan the SRQ and all your supporting documents.
- Visit the Admissions & Records Cranium Cafe (Virtual Help Desk) by clicking on the square green button labeled "Chat Live" located at the top of this page.
- If you received notification that you may qualify for AB 540, please also attach an AB 540 Affidavit.