ALL NEW STUDENTS should follow the New Student Orientation and Enrollment before scheduling a counseling appointment.
ALL CONTINUING AND RETURNING STUDENTS may schedule a phone, video or in-person appointment with a counselor, or visit the Counseling Office for same-day 10-15 minutes drop-in assistance.
ALL CAP STUDENTS should schedule an appointment with a CAP counselor based on their Career and Academic Pathway (CAP)/major.
For additional assistance, contact the Counseling Department at (818) 938-8418 during regular business hours (8:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday - Thursday, and 8:00 am - 1:00 pm Friday).
Students who are a part of any of the Special Programs below, should contact their program for a counseling appointment:
NON-LACCD TRANSCRIPT/AP SCORE EVALUATION PROCESS:
- Contact all colleges/universities previously attended and request your official transcripts to be sent to Los Angeles Valley College, C/O Admissions and Records Office, 5800 Fulton Avenue, Valley Glen, CA 91401 (Hand-carried transcripts/scores will not be accepted).
- Allow at least 7-10 business days from the date you requested your transcripts, then verify with the Admissions and Records Office to ensure that your transcripts have been received.
- Schedule a counseling appointment for a transcript evaluation.
- To assist in evaluating your transcripts, the counselor may request that you provide course descriptions, syllabi, assessment results or other documentation.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION PROCESS:
Students who have completed courses from an accredited college or university in a foreign country may be able to apply some of the course credits toward an Associate Degree at LA Valley College. Please note that foreign coursework will NOT satisfy general education requirements for English Composition, Oral Communication, U.S. History/Government as well as transfer general education requirements. The transferability of foreign courses can only be determined by the transfer institution.
Students may request credit for foreign coursework after completing 12 units within the LACCD. Courses must first be evaluated by one of the LACCD approved foreign credential evaluation agencies.
- Students must request a detailed equivalency report that includes course title, semester units and letter grades earned.
- Send an official evaluation report to the Los Angeles Valley College, C/O Admissions and Records Office, 5800 Fulton Avenue, Valley Glen, CA 91401.
- Complete a General Petition to request credits for foreign coursework.
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00AM - 7:00PM
Fridays: 8:00 AM - 1:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Student Services Annex (SSA)
Phone: (818) 938-8418