How to Apply: Upward Bound
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN UPWARD BOUND
- Participants must be citizens or legal residents of the United States.
- To be eligible for the Upward Bound Program at Los Angeles Valley College students must attend one of the following LAUSD Schools:
- Ulysses S. Grant High School Van Nuys, California
- Van Nuys High School Van Nuys, California
- Robert Fulton College Preparatory Van Nuys, California
- One-third (1/3) of the participants can be either low-income and/or first-generation college bound students. Participants, who demonstrate a need for academic support, as determined by the UBP, are encouraged to apply to Upward Bound, in order to successfully pursue a program of education beyond high school.
- At the time of initial selection, participants must have completed the eighth grade but not entered the twelfth grade and they must be at least 13 years old but not older than 19.
How to Apply (Note: this did say it was a preview mode?)
- Download and print the application. (Click Here for application.)
- Fill-out online application here.
- Complete application, high school transcript, copy of parent's 1040 tax return (first 2 pages), letters of recommendation, are to be submitted to your school’s college office or mailed to the address below:
Los Angeles Valley College
Upward Bound Program
5800 Fulton Ave
Valley Glen, CA 91401
- Contact the Upward Bound office to confirm that we have received your completed application or if you have any questions at (818) 947-2687.
Step 1: Turn in a completed application
(This includes the application, a copy of your parent's most recent 1040 tax return, a copy of high school transcript, personal statement, and letter of recommendation)
Step 2: Student and Parent Interviews
(locations and times TBA)
Step 3: Wait for notification of Admittance/Denial
Admitted Students Receive Start Date
(Summer, Fall or Spring)
Office Hours and Location
Mondays, Wednesdays to Thursdays: 8:30AM - 4:00PM
Tuesdays: 8:30AM - 7:00PM
Fridays: 8:30AM - 1:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Student Services Center (SSC) 2nd Floor Room 228
Phone: (818) 947-2487
Julia Mendoza, Director
Phone: (818) 947-2687
Gabriela Caballero, TRiO Counselor
Phone: (818) 947-2793
Adriana Sanchez-Malone, SFP Office Assistant
Phone: (818) 947-2487