A suspicious package includes any package, bag, box, pipe, backpack, suitcase, duffle bag, virtually anything that could contain an explosive or incendiary device that appears out of place, or is in your classroom, work area, or anywhere and you are not sure of what it is or to whom it belongs.
Mailed items may be identified by one, or a combination of any the following:
- Addressed to an area instead of a specific person
- No return address
- Heavy package with excessive amounts of packaging tape or string
- Package is leaking or has liquid stains
- Noises emitting from package
- Package does not fit area (i.e.: lunch box hidden behind pipes)
- Anything about a package pertaining to its delivery method, time of delivery, addressee or any other item that arouses suspicion.
IF YOU OBSERVE A SUSPICIOUS OBJECT OR POTENTIAL BOMB ON CAMPUS DO NOT HANDLE OR IN ANY WAY TOUCH THE OBJECT! CLEAR THE AREA AND ONLY WHEN AWAY FROM THE AREA, IMMEDIATELY CALL COLLEGE SHERIFF ON EXTENSION 2911.