Explosion or Aircraft Down (Crash) on Campus
In the event a mishap occurs such as an explosion or a downed aircraft (crash) on campus take the following action:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects that will give protection against falling glass, debris, or explosion.
- Report an explosion by calling extension 2911 from a campus phone immediately; or 818-947-2911 from an off campus or cell phone
- When the alarm is sounded, or when told to leave by college officials, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Assist the DISABLED IN EXITING THE BUILDING! DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE. DO NOT PANIC!
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 50 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your Emergency Assembly Points.
- Evacuate to the Assembly Area for your location.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING until the all-clear signal is sounded, unless told to do so by a college official.
- A Campus Emergency Command Post may be set up near the emergency site. Keep clear of the command post unless you have official business.