The Biology Resource and Tutoring Center located in Allied Health & Sciences 232 provides group tutoring for all the life science courses offered at Valley College, including Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Biology.
The Resource and Tutoring Center provides students with various learning tools, such as anatomical models, histology slides, microscopes, books, computers, flashcards, and other study aids. We also have private study rooms available for student use. The tutoring staff is here to help students reinforce and clarify material learned in class, as well as answer any related questions to the course. All Life Science students are welcome to use the Resource and Tutoring Center during open hours - no appointments necessary. If you have any questions, please contact Professor Lisa Zung at email@example.com.
Due to the current pandemic, the Tutoring and Resource Center is currently closed. All tutoring will be conducted online for the forseeeable future.
Spring 2021 Tutoring and Resource Center Schedule
- Nicole: Monday & Wednesday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Karen: Tuesday & Thursday 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Angelica: Thursday 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Lindsay: Thursday 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Bruna: Tuesday, Thursday 7 Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
*Bruna will be working under the "Microbiology" tab in LAVC Online Tutoring but is able to help in Bio 6 and Bio 7 as well.
- Chloe (Bio 3/6/7): Monday 9:00 am - 10:00 am & 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Wednesday 9:00 am - 10:00 am, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Thursday & Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 am.
- Jenna (Bio 3/7): Monday & Wednesday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wesley (Bio 3/7): Monday 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 2:00 - 6:00 pm
Spring 2021 Workshop Schedule
- 3/6 (Sat), 9:00 am -11:00am - Osmosis and Diffusion
- 3/12 (Fri) and 3/13 (Sat), 9:00 am - 11:00 am - Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
- 3/19 (Fri), 9:00 am - 11:00 am - Mitosis and Meiosis
- 3/26 (Fri) and 3/27 (Sat) - DNA Replication, Transcription and Translation
- 4/16 (Fri) and 4/17 (Fri) - Genetics
How to Access Online Tutoring
Students can access the workshops by:
- Clicking on "LAVC Online Tutoring".
- Choosing "Biology."
- On the next page, click on "Online Meetings" dropdown arrow.
- Select "Biology 3 Workshop"
If you are having trouble, watch this video to learn how to access online tutoring.
Important notes: The Resource and Tutoring Lab is closed the first and final week of class and all holidays. Call 818-947-2516 for information