Veterans Resource Center (VRC)
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at the Los Angeles Valley College opened in 2012.
We are committed to the VA Principles of Excellence to provide a supportive environment for our veterans and military affiliated students.
To help demonstrate our commitment, the VRC has also been named a Military Friendly School.
Our dedicated staff are available to help veterans with individual assistance to initiate their educational benefits at our front reception area. In addition, we offer the following:
- PowerPoints on the veterans website that offers step-by-step procedures to initiate VA benefits
- Applying for admission
- Enrollment into classes
- Referral to other services outside of LAVC
- Psychological counseling
- Mentor Program
- Access to support services on and off campus
The academic success of each veteran is our number one priority. In addition to providing services to veterans, we also encourage spouses and dependents to utilize our services.
The veteran’s student lounge offers the following:
- Five computers and a printer
- Comfortable furniture to relax, study
- A location for the Veterans Club