WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO SUBMIT TO THE VETERANS OFFICE?
To receive services through the Veterans Office (including academic counseling and access to veteran specific resources) you will need to submit:
- A copy of your DD-214 form OR
- a copy of your VA identification card
*Dependents- please submit a copy of the veteran's DD-214 form OR copy of VA identification card
To receive VA certification for educational benefits, you will need to submit:
- Eligibility Letter provided by the VA
- Copy of DD-214 (Member 4) - (Eligible to receive two units of Health credit, one unit of Kinesiology credit and three units of elective credit for the AA/AS degree, an exemption and partial certification for the CSU General Education Plan Area E (Lifelong Learning and Self Development)
- Veterans Student Educational Plan (SEP) does not need to be submitted but must be updated every fall and spring semester. To update: schedule an appointment with the veterans counselor. Courses not on SEP must be approved by the VA Counselor. Minor adjustments are approved without an appointment within 2 business days. Major adjustments require an appointment for a revised plan
- Chapter 31 (VR&E formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation) requires a Tungsten Authorization (TA) provided by the VR&E Rehabilitation Counselor.
- Chapter 35 (Dependents) requires the veteran’s file number or a copy of the veteran’s DD-214
NOTE: Certifications are submitted through the Certification Form on Canvas. Certifications will be processed within 5-10 business days.