International Students will be considered for admission to LAVC if all of the following requirements are met:
- All students must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to apply, or have a Guardian Statement if below 18 years of age.
- Admission Application - Apply On-line by the due date. It is imperative that all questions are answered correctly. Note: The online application contains questions about your visa status under the area "Visa and Dependent Information." If you have an F-1 Visa, please enter the information as stated on your visa.
- One Passport size photograph
- Student Information Sheet- Must be fully completed and signed.
- Application Processing Fee – There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 to be paid online with credit or debit card.
- Confidential Financial Statement - Complete a confidential financial statement. The total amount must reflect the required annual fees.
- Passport - Provide a copy of your passport
- Visa Information - Provide copies of your visa and I-94 (if applicable)
- English Language Requirement – Student must have English language proficiency. The following methods may be used to show proficiency:
- Original academic transcripts showing six semesters of High School (Secondary School) English or above, or
- Original TOEFL score of 45 IBT, 133 CBT or 450 PBT, or
- IELTS score of 4
- English Language Requirement for English As A Second Language Certificate program– Student must have original academic transcripts showing four semesters of English language studies at High School (Secondary School), or language institute.
- For two-year certificate programs, student must have original academic transcripts showing two semesters of English language studies at High School (Secondary School), or language institute.
- Academic Records – Provide notarized copies of your High School (Secondary School) diploma and transcripts if they are in English. If your High School diploma and transcripts are not in English, you must submit translated and notarized copies as well as the copies from the original documents. Do not send your original documents to us.
- Current I-20 - Submit a copy of all the I-20s issued by your current institution.
- Student Status Verification Form - Submit a student status verification form filled out by the International Student Advisor at your current institution.
- Transcripts: Provide official transcripts from ALL previous U.S. schools attended. 2.0 G.P.A. or higher is required. Request your transcripts to be mailed at the address below since hand-in transcripts are not accepted and/or considered official.
Los Angeles Valley College
International Students Office
5800 Fulton Avenue
Valley Glen, CA 91401-4096
Once you are admitted to the college, we will send you a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, more commonly known as an I-20.
To prevent delays in processing your application, download the Application Checklist and Deadline to ensure your application is complete.