Skip to main content

Campus Procedures & Processes




Student Complaint Process

Most student complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved at the campus level. Please contact the Office of the Ombudsperson. This is the quickest and most successful way of resolving issues involving a California Community College (CCC).

Type of Concerns/Complaints

Issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented to:


Procedures/Forms for Employees

Information regarding general campus/district procedures for employees is posted on the LAVC Web site. Faculty/staff should visit the Faculty/Staff Web page for information on the following campus (or LACCD) procedures and forms:

 In addition, the LAVC Administrative Services Office posts information on the following campus procedures on its Web site:

  • How to file a complaint
  • Budget Requests and documentation
  • Specially Funded Program Certification Policy
  • Electronic Budget Transfer Documentation (eBTA's)
  • Campus Security Authorities procedure
  • Employee ID/Access Cards procedure
  • Looking Up/Printing Your Budget Report
  • Performance Evaluations procedure
  • Procurement Authorization procedure
  • Time Accounting, Absence Certifications & Overtime procedures

Procedures for Faculty

Information regarding campus/district procedures for faculty is available on the LAVC Web site. The following procedural information for faculty posted on the Faculty/Staff Web page:

In addition, the LAVC Academic Affairs Office posts the following information on faculty-related procedures on its the Academic Affairs Web page:

  • Absence Policies and Procedures
  • Grade Grievance Protocols for faculty
  • Discipline Complaints Form for faculty
  • TBA (Hours by Arrangement) Scheduling & Requirements



Public Concerns/Complaint Process

Los Angeles Valley College understands that not all concerns are from students, but that members of the community may have some concerns about the campus. The Administrative Services Division of Los Angeles Valley College has a process for members of the community to share concerns it has about the campus.

Type of Concerns/Complaints

If you would like to submit a concern or complaint, please view the Administrative Services Complaint Policy [PDF: 213KB], and submit your concern on the Administrative Services Complaint Form [PDF: 228KB].