How to Apply to the College or Register for a Class
As a continuing student, you don’t have to apply to the College. You can register for your classes by following this step-by-step video on How to Enroll in Credit E.S.L. Classes at Los Angeles Valley College. Or you can visit the Welcome Center.
Office Hours: Monday to Thursday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: Student Services Building, 1st Floor
Telephone: (818) 938-8418
1. New students must apply to the College and get a student ID first. The application can be found here: Welcome to the Online Application
2. If you have already applied and have a student ID and password, you are ready for the Guided Self Placement (GSP) Process. If you forgot your password, send an email to LAVC-TECHSUPPORT@laccd.edu and request to reset your password. Include your full name, student ID number and birthday (month and day).
3. If English is not your first language, you will be directed to complete the ESL Assessment - Guided Self Placement (GSP) Process. This process will help you identify which course or courses to take. See below for more details.
4. For step-by-step instructions on how to register in a class, watch this video: How to Enroll in Credit E.S.L. Classes at Los Angeles Valley College. Or you can visit the Welcome Center. See the contact information above.
5. Log into CANVAS and enjoy your classes! Follow these steps to Login to Mycollege.LACCD.edu and Office36