Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
BE THE NEXT LAVC STUDENT AWARDED THE JKC UNDERGRADUATE TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIP
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is a highly-selective scholarship for the nation's top community college students seeking to complete their bachelor's degrees at selective four-year colleges or universities.
The Foundation provides up to $55,000 per year for up to three years making it among the largest private scholarships for community college transfer students in the country.
Previous LAVC students awarded this scholarship attended UCLA, UC Berkeley UC San Diego, Stanford, Georgetown and Columbia University!! Be the next LAVC JKC Scholar!
Review this important information and start your application today!
- No previous full-time enrollment at a four-year college or university
- Sophomore status by January 1, 2022 at a two-year college
- Plan to enroll in a four-year college/university in Fall 2022
- Cumulative unweighted GPA 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated unmet financial need
- Personalized Advising
- Financial Support
- Scholar Community
- Attend nation’s top/best colleges universities
- Connect with peers and mentors who support academic success and development of expertise
- Gain the skills, networks, knowledge and confidence to excel in college
- Get prepared for post graduate opportunities, career or graduate school
- Academic Achievement – include opportunities outside the classroom
- Persistence – determination – demonstrated work ethic – to complete education
- Leadership – positions of influencing others – group dynamics, organizations, volunteer, church, home …..value
- Service to Others – Peer-to-peer mentoring, compassion, committing to service sustained period of time.
- Common App – Create an Account or Sign in to your existing Common Transfer App
- Add JKC Foundation in “Add Program”
- Complete the Cooke supplement, including the writing section
The application also includes:
- Uploading a resume and an unofficial transcript
- Teacher recommendations
- A writing section
Writing Section includes:
- Narrative Autobiography – long essay – 300 characters
- Three Short Essay Questions
|October 1, 2021||Application Open|
|January 10, 2022
(your local time zone)
|Application Closes at 11:59pm|
|March 2022||Semi-Finalists Announced|
|April 2022||Scholarships awarded|
We are here to help
If you have any questions, please call the Vice President - Student Services Office at 818.947.2688.
Jack Kent Cooke Organization - jkcf.org/our-scholarships
What are they looking for:
- 3.5 GPA or Higher - or Challenging Course Work
- Engagement in the Community
October 1, 2021
January 10, 2022
Application Closes at 11:59 pm (PT)