The Promise at LAVC
First Year Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent, e.g. General Education Development (GED)
- Be a California resident or a non-resident eligible for in-state tuition fees under AB 540, California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (submit a completed AB 540 form to the Admissions and Records office)
- Have not completed any college credit (except for college classes taken while in high school)
- Complete all the components listed on the How to Apply webpage.
Second Year Eligibility Requirements:
- Meet all of the First Year Eligibility Requirements, and complete the; 2023-24 Academic Year Promise components.
- Complete at least 18 cumulative units by the end of Summer 2023.
- Maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher through the end of Summer 2023.
Questions? Contact AVC’s First Year Experience Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 778-5561
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Tursdays: 8:30AM - 1:00PM
Fridays: 8:30AM - 1:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
FYE Office, Counseling Department (SSA)
Phone: (818) 778-5561