High School Students
High school students are allowed to enroll while they are still in high school provided that they fill out an Admissions Application and get the approval of their principal or designee on a Concurrent Enrollment Form [PDF: 51KB].
Deciding Which Classes To Take
The principal or designee signing the concurrent enrollment form should approve the class(es) in which you are attempting to enroll, however, you are still required to meet college-level prerequisites for any course you wish to take. If you are planning to take English or math classes you must be assessed prior to enrollment. To take an assessment test, go to CSIT 2 (Computer Science Modular 2). For more information about assessment testing, contact the Assessment Center at (818) 947-2587.
Enrolling In Classes
Students can choose to take classes at Los Angeles Valley College or at selected high school campuses.
- Classes at Los Angeles Valley College
Students must turn in an admissions application and concurrent enrollment form to the Office of Admissions and Records during normal business hours. Students will be given a telephone/ internet registration appointment at this time. For more information go to Admissions and Records located in the Student Services Center (SSC) 1st floor.
For more information about Admissions and Records, please call (818) 947-2553. Please see the current Schedule of Classes.
Joel Trudgeon, Coordinator
Outreach and Recruitment
Advanced College Enrollment (ACE)
Eligibility Requirements for students enrolled in K-8th Grade
Students who are enrolled in K-8th Grade as of the 1st day of the semester they plan to attend must meet a variety of requirements before they can be admitted. Students must:
- Fill out an admissions application: This application helps determine whether a student meets the minimum admissions criteria to be eligible to attend.
- Submit a Supplemental Application [PDF: 51KB] for Admissions of Students in Grades K-12: The principal giving the student permission to attend Los Angeles Valley College before graduating from high school must sign the Concurrent Enrollment Form.
- Letter from the Principal: On school letterhead a letter stating the appropriateness of requested course(s).
- Student Statement: A statement from the student indicating the reason for wanting to enroll in a college course.
- Transcripts: Academic records from the student's school.
- Submit you Admissions Application and Concurrent Enrollment Form: Once you have filled out the Admissions Application and gotten permission from your middle/high school to attend, you may submit your application to Admissions and Records located in the Administration Building.
- Meet with the enrolled in K-8th Grade Admissions Committee: The Committee is responsible for deciding whether the student can benefit from instruction at Los Angeles Valley College.
- Deciding Which Classes To Take: The principal signing the concurrent enrollment form should approve the class(es) in which you are attempting to enroll.
- Paying Your Fees: Concurrently enrolled Middle/High school students are exempt from paying enrollment fees. See Fee section of the schedule of classes for updated information.