Careers in Biology
The best tool for researching Careers in Biology on campus is the EUREKA system found in our Career Center. (See: Lifestyle and Biology.) There you will find careers, median salaries and job growth outlook.
A Website offering a quick look with some career and salary examples can be found at the Website Career Thoughts: http://careerthoughts.com/biology-majors. Some lists of Biology Careers have snappy titles like “77 Things to Do with a Degree in the Biological Sciences” posted on the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Website, http://www.asbmb.org/, and “50 Things to Do with a Biology Degree” from DePaul University
Our professors have a list of career possibilities that we bring to you here from the University of West Georgia
- Allied health profession (Medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, physician assistant, occupational therapy, physical therapy, podiatry)
- Animal science (veterinary, husbandry, wildlife biology, marine biology)
- Environmental biology (environmental, consult horticulture, forestry, conservation)
- Microbial science (microbiology, infectious disease, parasitology, virology, food and beverage)
- Clinical laboratory scientist (in hospitals or industry)
- Cell science (biotechnology, genetics, genetic counseling, immunology)
- Technical marketing (pharmaceutical sales, medical device sales and consult, biotechnology sales)
- The American Institute of Biological Sciences, http://www.aibs.org/careers/, has an excellent Website answering career questions on salaries, opportunities, academic programs and information about actual working Biologists. This is a well-organized site.