Skip to main content

Transfer Alliance/Honors Program (TAP)


Student Services Center (SSA)
(818) 947-2330

The Los Angeles Valley College Transfer Alliance/Honors Program (TAP) is designed to help first time college students* who plan on transferring to a four-year college or university. It consists of academically enriched transfer general education courses in which both written expression and the critical analysis of ideas are stressed.

The TAP/Honors sections will provide academically motivated students the opportunity to learn in a challenging and stimulating learning environment. More than 85% of our TAP applicants have been accepted by UCLA over the last five years. Typically less than 30% of non-TAP applicants to UCLA have been admitted to UCLA over this same period. Our TAP transfers at UCLA have a better academic performance than non-TAP transfers and native UCLA students.

Contact the TAP/Honors Director Laura Scott (818 947-2330, Sociology Dept BSC 111B), Dr. Michael Gold, TAP/Honors Counselor (818-947-2630, Counseling Department) or TAP Counselor Ann Gee (818 947-2631). Both counselors are located in the Counseling Department in the Student Services Annex.

TAP benefits include:

  • Priority registration for TAP/Honors sections
  • Special Scholarships for TAP students at UCLA, Woodbury University, and at Los Angeles Valley College.
  • Eligibility for priority consideration for admission to UCLA, UC Irvine, Chapman College, La Sierra University, Loyola Marymount University, Mills College, Occidental College, Pomona College, Pitzer College, and Woodbury University.
  • Assistance with application for transfer to a four-year college or university.
  • Increased student-professor contact.
  • Association with other academically motivated students.
  • A TAP designated counseling team for specialized advisement
  • An official TAP designation on the LAVC transcript.
  • Access to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) College Library. Click here to apply for a UCLA Library card.

* First time college students that do not have a college degree. Students who have a Bachelor’s degree or higher from any institution (domestic or international) are able to take TAP/Honors classes, but will not earn TAP certification or TAP completion on their transcripts or priority consideration in the transfer application process.


September 2017 Newsletter for Students

April 2017 Newsletter for Students

March 2017 Newsletter for Students

February 2017 Newsletter for Students

Transfer Alliance/Honors Program (TAP) Application