Work Environment Committee
To review space utilization and work environment matters and make recommendations to support a healthy, safe, and effective work environment.
Long Term Goals:
- Examine requests by departments for revision of their current space allocation.
- Investigate the needs of departments for modernizing current facilities.
- Prioritize Valley College's capital construction projects.
- Review Campus Alterations and Improvements projects costing more than $100,000 and make recommendations to the College Council.
- Carry out responsibilities of the Campus Work Environment Committee, as described in the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Develop Campus Bicycle Policy.
Assist in Planning, Implementation, and Promotion of New Smoking Policy.
Improve Communication on Campus with Respect to Work Environment Issues.
Improve Emergency Preparedness on Campus.
Review Annual Plan Facilities Modules.
- Work to Optimize Parking on Campus During Construction.
Work Environment Committee Representation
- 10 faculty members jointly selected by the AFT Faculty Guild and the Academic Senate
- 1 faculty member from Department Council
- 1 SSD representative
- 5 administrators selected by the College President
- 2 members selected by the AFT Staff Guild
- 1 member from the non-AFT classified unions
- 1 student selected by the ASU