Adding an Online Class
For a student to add a class they need the permission of their instructor. If an instructor agrees to add you, it can be accomplished in one of two ways:
1. In person by receiving an add card from instructor and taking it to the add desk.
2. On line. Here, the instructor will ask you to email him or her your:
- Student ID#
- Date of Birth
- Semester of the Class
- Class and section number
Important: You must send this information from the email address that is in the Valley College system. If you are not sure if the address is the same one, you can check by doing the following.
- Go to the Valley College campus Website and select “Register for Classes” at right top corner button.
- A new page opens with a link to log into the Student Information System. You will then need to pick the option “Student Information System.”
- Here you need to input your student id number and your 4-digit pin number. In case you have forgotten, your pin number is the month and day of your birthday.
But all of this can only be done after your instructor has agreed to add you to the class.
After you have sent this information to your instructor, you need to be patient.
It may take up to 72 hours for you to appear in your online course.
Please, do not go to the Admissions Office to check the progress of you being added to the class. They will not have the information you need because the final step of adding you to the online class occurs at the downtown district office.
Once your instructor agrees to add you, be patient, you will get in the class.