Media Storage Space
Media Storage Space
There are several locations where you as an instructor can upload videos and other media to show in your online, hybrid, or face-to-face course.
ACADEMIC SITES CHOICES
Uploading is available through Canvas. For more information, contact the Help Desk Director.
If you currently have both an EduStream account and a 3C Media Solutions account, the please contact us and we will facilitate moving your EduStream files over to your account. At this time, please upload any new files to 3C Media Solutions instead of EduStream.
If you do not have a 3C Media Solutions account:
Please click on this link. By using your EduStream user name (or email address), you can establish an account with 3C Media.
PUBLIC SITES CHOICES
There are several public sites where you can store your media to show in your classes. The two most popular are YouTube and Vimeo. Both allow you to stream them to your computer to show in class and both have embed codes you can do to place the content directly into your Canvas site.
This is a popular and easy to use, free public media storage website. One of the advantages to using this site is that there are many applications for both a computer and smart phone that directly link you to YouTube, making uploading and downloading very easy.
To store videos there you need to create your own, free account. If you are already have a Google account, you have a YouTube account (Google owns YouTube).
Creating a YouTube Account
- Go to the YouTube Homepage at: http://www.youtube.com/
- Select the link on the left side, “Create Account”
- Fill out the form there and you will have your own YouTube account where you can then upload your videos.
- For more help, instructions and an FAQ page: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1142412
A second popular public media storage website is Vimeo. Vimeo is a free site that allows you to create your own account and upload your own videos. Vimeo requires less information to sign up and is also very simple to use.
Creating a Vimeo Account
- Go to the Vimeo Homepage at: http://vimeo.com/
- In the upper right hand corner select “Sign up for Vimeo”
- There you will have a choice between the $59.00 per year “Plus” account or the free “Basic” account. Select the “Sign up for Basic” option
- Fill out the information there and you have your Vimeo account.
- Additional help with Vimeo can be found at: http://vimeo.com/help