From the Desk of the President
September 29, 2014
Hello Monarch Family!
I hope the end of September finds you in good spirits! It's hard to believe that I have been at LAVC for 8 weeks. The time has flown by and I still have so much more to learn about all of you, this campus, and the students we serve. To that end, listed below are my office hours for the month of October. I wish I could establish set hours that would be the same from month to month. However, I don't always have complete control over the timing of off-campus meetings, and I really do not like to cancel or change meeting times, if at all possible. So, at the end of each month, I will send out the hours for the following month.
- Thursday, October 9th, 11:00-12:30: Faculty Office Hours
- Monday, October 13th, 11:00-12:30: Staff Office Hours
- Thursday, October 16th, 11:00-12:30: Student Office Hours
My office hours will be in the President's Office, at least to start. If it appears that my office cannot accommodate all who want to come, then I will move the office hours into the President's Conference Room. As promised, my candy basket will be available, and thanks to a special request, so will sugar-free candy for those who would prefer it.
I also wanted to let you know that I have entered the 21st century at last. I now have a Twitter account, and even though I have only sent one Tweet, I wanted to let you know that you can follow me at @LAVCPrez. I promise not to tweet that the line at Starbucks is too long, though. My goal in having a Twitter account is to keep the campus aware of what's going on...and there is a lot happening on our campus every day!
As a quick construction update, the issues with the parking garage are still being worked on, but in the meantime, it's getting used quite a bit; the dedication of the structure will occur once DSA has signed off on the building. The official "ground breaking" for the new Student Union is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 27th. Stay tuned for more details as they become available. Initial meetings have taken place to begin the construction phase of the Athletic Training Facility, and look for the demolition of the old Administration building to start shortly.
Finally, in the next day or so, I will be sending out the annual request for all interested faculty and staff to support the work of the LAVC Foundation.
Again, I hope Fall is going well for all of you!
Download a copy of the President Endrijonas Letter - September 29, 2014 (PDF)
From the Desk of President Endrijonas Archive
- President Endrijonas Letter - August 29, 2014 (PDF)
- President Endrijonas Welcome Letter - August 2014 (PDF)
From the Desk of Interim President Johnson-Hawkins Archive
- Special Friday Report from President Johnson-Hawkins - April 18, 2014 (PDF)
- First Friday Report from President Johnson-Hawkins - March 7, 2014 (PDF)
- First Friday Report from President Johnson-Hawkins - February 7, 2014 (PDF)
- First Friday Report from President Johnson-Hawkins - December 6, 2013 (PDF)
From the Desk of President Carleo Archive
- Fall 2013 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - August 2013 (PDF)
- July 2013 President's Letter on Accreditation with Revised Actionable Improvement Plans and the ACCJC Team Recommendations (PDF)
- Spring 2013 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - February 2013 (PDF)
- Fall 2012 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - August 2012 (PDF)
- Spring 2012 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - February 2012 (PDF)
- Fall 2011 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - August 2011 (PDF)
- Spring 2011 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - February 2011 (PDF)
- Fall 2010 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - August 2010
- Spring 2010 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - February 2010 (PDF)
- Fall 2009 Welcome Back Letter from President Carleo - August 2009 (PDF)