What are the PASS Goals?
LAVC has outlined the following Star Points [PDF: 16KB] as its student success goals for PASS:
- Successfully complete remedial or developmental instruction and advance to credit-bearing courses
- Enroll in and successfully complete the initial college-level or gatekeeper courses in subjects such as math and English
- Complete courses with a grade of “C” or better
- Persist from one term to the next
- Earn a certificate or an associate degree
How Does PASS Align with the EMP?
LAVC is committed to using the resources of Achieving the Dream (ATD) to create thePASS Toolbox to meet the college’s following Educational Master Plan (EMP) Goals:
- Goal 1: Increase student retention, persistence and success
- Goal 2: Increase student access
- Goal 3: Enhance academic offerings to meet student and regional needs
- Goal 4: Enhance institutional effectiveness
Coupled with this strategy, it is also clearly aligning the ATD goals with the EMP goals [PDF: 101KB] to better focus the college’s efforts towards improving student success.
How are we integrating PASS Star Points to LAVC’s shared governance committees and all campus programs?
LAVC has established a work plan and student success goals that addresses how the college plans to integrate the work of its shared governance committees and campus programs to help improve student success. The PASS Workgroup is working under the Institutional Effectiveness Council (IEC) to help facilitate a stronger campus-wide dialogue on student success amongst the college's shared governance committees.
How Can I learn more about PASS?
PASS will also hold meetings, events, and activities to engage the campus community with its ongoing efforts to improve student success.