STATEMENT & PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Los Angeles Valley College Job Training is a model of Workforce Development excellence, creating a college and community-wide integrated service delivery system of employment, training, and educational programs and services to open employment and career pathways and economic success for all community partners.
To improve the quality of life for our students by creating pathways to employment and careers to benefit the individual, area workforce, and region.
- To align education and training with the real world needs of area employers and industry and bridge students and job seekers with employment and career opportunities
- To create new resources with which to build future programs and services in education for the college that meet the changing needs of industry partners and the educational needs of our students
- To develop partnerships with local business and industry which contribute to students' preparation for new and challenging opportunities in the workforce
- To focus on preparing students for opportunities in business and industry as well as guiding and motivating students to pursue higher educational goals
- To bring educators and business leaders together in an effort to develop
work-based motivation and experience through education
- To organize a convenient one-stop assistance center for advice, training, counseling, and supportive services
- To create marketing strategies for promoting greater involvement of business in education, aligning educational offerings with career opportunities