IDEAS is a Regional Center of the Multimedia/Entertainment Initiative of the Economical and Worforce Development Program of the State Chancellor's Office of the California Community Colleges.
IDEAS serves those already in the entertainment industry, from the entry-level worker to the seasoned professional, in addition to educators and students by providing the required information resources, training, and technical assistance. The Institute is not limited to the entertainment industry. Rather, any business or community program that utilizes industrial and corporate videos or that requires digital literacy will benefit.
The IDEAS Center is committed to projects and partnerships that support the following objectives:
- to coordinate with industry to design new curriculum
- to retrain current industry employees in new technologies
- to collaborate with community colleges, universities, high schools and trade schools to provide regional leadership to develop additional capacity
- to create a model that can be replicated by other colleges and districts to provide students with practical knowledge beyond traditional classroom lectures and textbooks
- to provide outreach programs to areas of economic distress within the Center's service area.