The IDEAS Center is committed to projects and partnerships that support the following objectives:
- to coordinate with industry to design new curriculum
- to retrain current industry employees in new technologies
- to collaborate with community colleges, universities, high schools and trade schools to provide regional leadership to develop additional capacity
- to create a model that can be replicated by other colleges and districts to provide students with practical knowledge beyond traditional classroom lectures and textbooks
- to provide outreach programs to areas of economic distress within the Center's service area.