LAVC Fitness Center
LAVC Fitness Center, join us for Fall 2014
For Summer 2014 Sign up now for Kinesiology 326-1
*NOTE: This class begins on Sept 2, 2014 and End on Dec 20, 2014*
"Come One Come All" ( LAVC Fitness Center ) "Get Fit today"
--Lose Weight & Feel great--Eat Healthier!
Hours of Operation
The proper procedure for participation in Kinesiology 326-1, AEROBIC SUPER CIRCUIT LABORATORY includes:
- Complete Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q & YOU)
- Learn about and record Resting Heart Rate (RHR)
- Learn about and record Target Heart Rate (THR)
- Recording weight and height
- Perform, record, and interpret assessment scores of cardiovascular fitness assessment using the step test and resting pulse rate.
- Introduction and Policies of the Fitness Center.
- Introduction and demonstration of the Red Aerobic Circuit.
- Introduction and demonstration of the Blue Aerobic Circuit.
- Introduction and demonstration of the Black Section.
- Introduction and demonstration of the Treadmill, Elliptical, Seated rower and Exercise on the mat areas.
- Completely fill out workout card
- Identify and list your personal goal
- File new workout card Alphabetically
- Demonstrate the use of the computer, video check out.
- Completed Orientation. *Congratulations!*
Fall 2014 Orientations
***First day of Full workouts:
***Last day of workouts:
First Day of workouts in Fitness Center Classes:
Morning Class: Tuesday, September 16th at 9:40am to 12:45pm
Evening Class: Tuesday, September 16th at 5:00pm to 8:00pm
The Core of Los Angeles Valley College Fitness Center is the Aerobic Super Circuit. The Aerobic Super Circuit training system combines medium intensity, 10-12 repetition circuit weight training with aerobic activity stations. The program has a rich history of success in improving a multitude of fitness components. It is especially designed to be fast, efficient, effective, and fun.
The distinguishing characteristics of Los Angeles Valley College Fitness Center are the preand posttesting, and the quality of the Physical Education staff. Each student is tested as they go through the orientation. Then, they are encouraged to test at to end of the semester to see how well they’ve improved.
After the ORIENTATIONS are completed students are expected to attend at least 4 times a week for about 1 ½ per visit, (see ENROLLMENT, GRADING and ATTENDANCE ). Current research in physical fitness supports the notion that health related fitness characteristics are improved with at least 30 minute bouts of activity about every other day.
CORE WORKOUT: Recommended in the Fitness Center:
- Pre-Workout: Be dressed and ready to work out before logging into the computer.
- 10 minute Warm-Up activity
- 20 minute RED OR BLUE AEROBIC SUPER CIRCUIT
- 20 minute Extra Workout Session.
- 10-15 minutes of flexibility and cool down activity
- Post Workout: Log out.
The Fitness Center at Los Angeles Valley College is available to everyone: Students, Faculty, Staff, and the entire community. For enrollment purposes, Students and the community must be registered in the class to participate. Faculty and Staff may sign up with Mr. Jones to participate in the district Wellness club Program..
Evaluation Procedures: To receive a letter grade or credit each student in KIN 326-1 is required to complete the following four areas:
1. Final Workout Hours Recorded on Computer.
|2. Complete & record Final Red and Blue Circuits||3. Final Exam is a take home final, there is NO Make Ups. The final will be available||4. Post Step Test score recorded, and return to instructor.|
|> 34 hours = 170pts||>34 circuits = 170pts||Pass >70% of test = 100 points||60 points|
|30-33hours= 136pts||30-33circuits= 150pts||Pass 60% of test = 75 points|
|24-29hours= 119pts||24-29circuit= 120pts||Pass 50% of test = 50 points|
|23 hours = 102pts||16-23circuits= 60pts||Pass 40% of test = 25 points|
|< 23 hours = 10pts||< -15 circuits= 25pts||Pass <30% of test = 15 points|
- Objective is to add up your scores above then find your grade below.
- Final Total Points for Fitness Center Grades
A = 450 points - 500 points
B = 400 points - 449 points
C = 300 points - 399 points
D= 250 points - 299 points
F = < 249 points