Emergency Response Plan Information
Explosion or Aircraft Down (Crash) on Campus
In the event a mishap occurs such as an explosion or a downed aircraft (crash) on campus take the following action:
Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects that will give protection against falling glass, debris, or explosion.
- Report an explosion by calling extension 2911 from a campus phone immediately; or 818-947-2911 from an off campus or cell phone
When the alarm is sounded, or when told to leave by college officials, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Assist the DISABLED IN EXITING THE BUILDING! DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE. DO NOT PANIC!
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 50 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your Emergency Assembly Points.
- Evacuate to the Assembly Area for your location.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING until the all—clear signal is sounded, unless told to do so by a college official.
A Campus Emergency Command Post may be set up near the emergency site. Keep clear of the command post unless you have official business.