Cooperative Education - Student + Employer + College
|Cooped News |
CAREER FAIR 2015
Employers, sign up for the
2015 Career Fair/Health Expo!
Click the CCN link below to register!
EMPLOYERS / JOB SEEKERS
The College Central Network is the primary job posting service for LAVC and is a FREE service to the local community.
LAVC President, Dr. Erika Endrijonas helps award 2014 Cooperative Education Scholarships to Aneta Tor-Gonzalez and Brandon Rouckus. Two LAVCstudents were awarded $250.00 scholarships from the Cooperative Education Department in 2014! The "Coop Ed" program allows students to earn college credit for structured work experience. Aneta and Brandon both submitted scholarship applications outlining how their work experience (in the LAVC Foundation Office and with Tree People respectively) complimented their academic studies at Los Angeles Valley College and helped clarify career goals and advancement. We congratulate these students for earning scholarship awards and succeeding in the Coop Ed program, a program Dr. Endrijonas cites as “an invaluable opportunity to put what is learned in the classroom into action in the workplace.”
Benefits to students
- Transferable college units for work/intern experience
- A structured program to improve and advance at work while building your resume
- Career guidance in a realistic setting
- Program Available Spring, Summer and Fall
- Learn more
Benefits to employers
- Employers establish a cooperative relationship with the college
- Cooperative Education students are often more motivated, enthusiastic employees when they see their work is evaluated and translated into college units
- Employers benefit when supervisor-employee communications and relationships are improved and clear goals / objectives / timelines are agreed upon
- Learn more
Benefits to college+community
- Cooperative Education helps students become more effective and productive workers
- The economy benefits from an increased number of skilled workers with real world experience
- Increases Faculty awareness of business and industry requirements