CHILD DEVELOPMENT TRAINING CONSORTIUM
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS
The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) is a statewide program funded by the California Department of Education, Child Development Division (CDE/CDD) with Federal Block Grant Child Care and Development Quality Improvement Funds. The Yosemite Community College District administers the program. The program was created in 1982 to address the critical shortage of qualified childcare workers in the state of California. The demand for qualified workers continues to grow. The program also supports the professional growth and development of those already working in the field.
CDTC program services provided to eligible participants are:
COMMUNITY COLLEGE REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM:
Eligible LAVC Child Development students can apply each semester for tuition reimbursement for college fees. The general eligibility requirements are:
1) Seeking a new or maintaining a currently held Child Development Permit,
2) At time of enrollment, must be employed by a child care/development program including licensed family child care homes. Center-based programs must be licensed or eligible for an exception. Programs include:
- Child Care Center, Public or Private
- Before and After School Program
- Preschool Center
- Infant and Toddler Program
- Head Start
- Children's Center
- Family Day Care
- Elementary T.A. (Kindergarden only)
- S.R.L.D.P. (School Readiness Language)
- Complete the Student Profile Application Online at www.childdevelopment.org
- On the home page, under "Services Provided", select the Early Childhood Education Student Career and Education Program link.
- On the Early Childhood Education Student Career and Education Program at CA Community Colleges page, locate the yellow box on the right that states "CDTC Campus Students: Enroll in the ECE Student Career and Education Program Here."
- Select the "Student Profile Application" link.
- Select the Create Account link and fill out the information on the form (this will allow you to access your Student Profile in future semesters).
- Follow the 4 Steps on the "Student Profiles Workspace" page to either create a new Student Profile Application or edit your existing Student Profile Application:
- Update the My Personal Information section by selecting Edit if necessary.
- Create a new Student Profile by selecting "Add a Student Profile" link. Complete form and select "Save" button at the bottom of the form.
- To make changes to your existing Student Profile Application, select the "Edit" link. To submit the completed Student Profile Application to your College Coordinator, select the "Submit" link.
- Select the "Download" link and print form (for the current semester). Have your employer complete Section C, (Employer or Self Employment Information) and obtain the required signature. Submit the completed paper form to your coordinator by the specified due date shown below.
- Submit the Hard Copy Student Profile to CDTC Coordinator on Your Campus by the Deadline Below:
- Return the completed application your coordinator's mail box at the Child Development office. The application due date is March 10, 2014. The coordinator at your campus is Ms. Madlen Aslanian.
- Reimbursement will be paid by check sent to each student after the end of each semester for units completed with a grad of "C" or better.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT PERMIT STIPENDS:
The CDTC will pay the application processing fees, including fingerprinting, for several categories of Child Development Permits. Check with the College Coordinator or the CDTC for specifics.
Application packet information is available online at the Child Development Training Consortium website.
All program services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Funds are limited.
For further information, contact the LAVC CDTC Coordinator:
To contact the Child Development State Agency, click below:
Child Development Training Consortium