Campus Distance Education Committee (CDEC)
Vision, Mission, Core Values
Los Angeles Valley College classes are web-enhanced; many are hybrid, combining on-campus with online instruction; and a number of classes, and entire programs, are fully online.
The mission of CDEC is to advocate, encourage, and support the development of a high-quality online instructional program that meets the needs of our college community.
- Student Success
- Student-Centered Learning
- Supportive environment
- Collegiality and collaboration
- Personal instructional accountability
- Fully accessible quality programs
- Respect of individuals and diversity
- Achievement of indivual and institutional gaols
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and active learning
- Respect for all people and learning styles
- Encouragement of innovation, experimentation, and creativity