Monarch Memo—Men's Swimming Wins WSC Meet #2
Congrats to Men's Swimming on its team win and to Women's Swimming on its fourth place finish at the WSC Meet #2 at Valley. This week, Softball plays San Bernardino in a home double header on March 21 at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., and Baseball plays LA Mission on home turf on March 25 at 1 p.m. Go Monarchs!
The LAVC Athletics Department invites students, faculty and staff to come and watch the Monarch Baseball, Softball and Men's and Women's Swimming play at home this week.
The following update on each team lists their upcoming games for the week of March 13-19:
- Baseball (3-23) plays at Bakersfield College on Tuesday, March 21 at 3 p.m., at LA Mission College on Thursday, March 23 at 3 p.m., and then at home on Saturday, March 25 versus LA Mission at 1 p.m. in the Baseball field.
- Men's Basketball. No update.
- Women's Basketball. No update.
- Softball (0-16) plays San Bernardino in a double header at home on Tuesday, March 21 at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., at Victor Valley on Thursday, March 23 at 2:30 p.m. and they travel to the Santa Barbara Tournament on Saturday and Sunday, March 25 and 26.
- Men's Swimming & Diving and Women's Swimming & Diving had a great atmosphere for the WSC swim meet #2, with four other colleges here at Valley on Friday, March 17. The men's swim team won the WSC Meet #2, as a team, and were led by the performance of Tim Hornyak, who continues to improve his times in the state! The women's swim team finished fourth in the WSC Meet #2, and both teams are preparing for the WSC Meet #3 at Santa Monica on Friday, March 31!
The LAVC Athletics Department's Monarch Athletics program comprises of 10 intercollegiate athletic teams. The Men's Football, Women's Soccer, and Men and Women's Water Polo teams play every fall. Spring team sports include Men's Baseball, Men's and Women's Basketball, Women's Softball, and Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving. For more information about Monarch Athletics, visit the LAVC Athletics Department Web page.
Posted by: LAVC PR Office
3/20/2017 1:00:00 PM