Come to the LARC for the Library, Free Tutoring and More!
Want to be more successful in your classes? Come to the Library & Academic Resource Center for free tutoring, library services, an open computer lab, and free workshops on success skills on Mondays at 1 p.m., writing skills on Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m., and the Math 110 on Wednesdays at 2 p.m.
LAVC Library & Academic Resource Center (LARC) offers Valley College students access to tutoring, writing workshops, an open computer lab and library services to students during the Fall Semester to help them succeed in their classes.
The following is a list of services are available during the Spring 2017 semester:
- The LAVC Library provides students with access to library materials and services including research help (print and online books, database of online articles databases, etc.), computers and printing, and group study rooms.
- The Library is located on the first floor of the LARC and is open Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-8:45 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The LAVC General Tutoring Center offers students free tutoring by walk-in or appointment. Tutoring is available in a variety of subjects including Astronomy, Accounting, Chemistry, Economics, Music, Philosophy, Spanish, and Statistics. In addition, it has free textbook, headphone, and laptop rentals, and small group study rooms are available (by reservation). For more information and the tutoring schedule, call (818) 947-2744.
- General Tutoring is located in LARC 213 and is open Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The LAVC Writing Center offers students help with writing. It offers one-to-one and group tutoring sessions, writing workshops, instructive handouts and writing and study skills workshops. For more details, call (818) 947-2810.
- Writing Center is located in LARC 229 and is open Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The LAVC Math Lab is a drop-in tutoring lab for students to get help for all levels of math courses. It also provides the following: computers with math software, textbooks on reserve, a loan program for videos, CDs, and calculators, math worksheets, and class workshops. For more information, call (818) 947-7263.
- The Math Lab is located in LARC 226 and is open Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The LAVC Academic Resource Center (ARC) also offers a series of free workshops on writing skills, success skills, and Math 110 are offered throughout the semester for students.
- The Computer Commons is an open computer lab that has 95 new computers available for students to use that have Internet access, and the MS Office suite. Students can print in black and white for $0.10 per page, or color for $0.25 per page.
- The Computer Commons is located in LARC 234 and is open Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The Biological Services Resource/Tutoring Center in the Allied Health and Sciences Center (AHS) provides group tutoring for all the life science courses offered at LAVC, including Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Biology 3, 6, and 7, Medical Terminology, Oceanography, and Marine Biology.
- The Biological Services Resource/Tutoring Center is located in AHS 232 and is open Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- The Virtual Valley Help Desk provides log-in and technical assistance for students enrolled in an online class. For assistance, call (818) 778-5834 or email email@example.com.
For more detailed information, visit the LAVC Tutoring and Academic Support Services Web page.
Posted by: LAVC PR Office
4/26/2017 5:00:33 PM