If you attended Los Angeles Valley College in the last year, you do not need to apply. If you're unsure whether you attended, check online to see if you have a registration appointment.
You must apply to the college if:
- You have never attended Los Angeles Valley College
- You stopped attending Los Angeles Valley College for two or more semesters/
Deciding Which Classes To Take
Meet with a counselor every semester to ensure you are on track in meeting their educational goals.
Call the Counseling Department at (818) 947-2600 extension 4200 to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor, or go to the Counseling Department located in the Student Services Annex.
Enrolling In Classes
Students must register for classes on their appointment date and time online. Phone registration is no longer available.
Please check the LAVC Schedule of Classes or LAVC Catalog to determine whether the course(s) you are trying to enroll in has prerequisites.
- If you have met the prerequisites in the Los Angeles Community College District, enroll in the classes.
- If the computer won't let you enroll because it says you don't have the prerequisites, but you think you do, bring your transcripts or placement scores to the Admissions Office, northwest counter, Window #4.
- If you have not taken prerequisites for the classes of your choice, enroll in them this semester.
Paying Your Fees
Students are required to pay their fees after enrolling in classes. A fee receipt is required in order to buy books at the campus bookstore.
The cost of tuition depends on whether you are a California resident, an out-of-state student or an international student. You may pay your fees in-person in the Business Office, located in the bungalow behind the Cafeteria or you may pay by phone with a credit card.